What we are looking for...
Seeking a mid- to senior-level systems engineer to assist with the management and support of Tiggee LLC’s global DNS and monitoring infrastructure. This role provides an exciting opportunity to manage, support, and design critical Internet infrastructure at scale.
Tiggee owns and operates DNS Made Easy and Constellix, which handles over 180 billion DNS lookups each day.
Benefits & Perks
- Full Benefits Package. 100% employee health insurance, dental insurance, LTD, STD, and 1x annual salary life insurance.
- 401k with employer match
- We encourage and reward talent, drive, and innovation
- We empower our employees to be creative and brainstorm freely
- We believe in flexibility and a fantastic work/life balance
- We bring talent from across projects to solve problems efficiently
- We provide development opportunities as technologies change
- We are all-accessible and listen to our staff when making effective decisions
- SUPER collaborative environment with brilliant, fun coworkers!
- Previous work experience in Linux systems administration and/or engineering in an IaaS, Internet Service Provider, and/or Hosting Provider environment
- Previous data center work experience (specifically remote system installation and management)
- Previous experience in installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining hardware in a data center environment and a desire to perform rack and stack, hardware maintenance and troubleshooting, and work with equipment vendors and co-location providers on new and existing site deployments
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be located in Washington DC area and able to commute to Reston
- Must be able to speak and write in English proficiently
- Some scripting experience (bash, python, etc...)
- Ability to participate in on-call rotation
- Ability to travel as needed (less than 10%)
- A strong understanding of DNS
- A solid background in Debian Linux administration, including installation, configuration, system tuning, OS/kernel/application troubleshooting, package management and monitoring
- Configuration Management
- Log Aggregation and Analysis
- Advanced Scripting
- Database Administration
- Tomcat and other Java application administration