What we are looking for...
If you are a Network Engineer with Juniper and Cisco experience please read on! We are seeking a Network Engineer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for designing and implementing computer and information networks that powers over 180 billion DNS lookups each day. We operate and run the services DNS Made Easy (https://dnsmadeeasy.com) and Constellix (https://constellix.com).
Benefits & Perks
- Full Benefits Package. 100% employee health insurance, dental insurance, LTD, STD, and 1x annual salary life insurance.
- 401k with employer match
- We encourage and reward talent, drive, and innovation
- We empower our employees to be creative and brainstorm freely
- We believe in flexibility and a fantastic work/life balance
- We bring talent from across projects to solve problems efficiently
- We provide development opportunities as technologies change
- We are all-accessible and listen to our staff when making effective decisions
- SUPER collaborative environment with brilliant, fun coworkers!
- Working closely with the current management staff, system operations, and network administrators to ensures stable operations of global IP Anycast network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and global IP links.
- Implement local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data networks
- Develop and execute test plans to check infrastructure and system performance
- Perform network modeling and analysis
- Define blueprint designs for business technology initiatives
- Enforce policies for standardizing systems
- Assist with projects related to network & security infrastructure
- Responsible for network & security performance
- Manage and act as a contact for network & security related vendors to ensure service level agreements align with business expectations
- Lead projects in terms of requirements gathering, scope determination, budget and schedule management
- Enhances operations by accepting ownership of new and different requests
- Create and maintain standards surrounding documentation related to network and security processes, procedure, and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support of the global IP Anycast environment which includes Juniper and Cisco Routers and Switches. All of our routers are Juniper MX series.
- Evaluate performance and capacity of environment to determine required configuration changes, upgrades and feasibility of expanding or enhancing network operations.
- Strategic/ forward thinking approach to managing the global IP network
- Strong troubleshooting skills is a must.
- Hands on experience of installing, configuring patching, upgrading network equipment within offices and data centers.
- Experience in network security a plus
- Ability to work with minimal direction and ability to manage multiple projects
- Previous experience in networking, IT, or other related fields
- Familiarity with architectural specifications
- Familiarity with researching communication networks
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 5+ years of hands on experience with designing, installing, and troubleshooting Juniper and Cisco enterprise network.
- Experience with Linux and UNIX OS systems.
- 3+ years of proven experience in managing highly technical teams.
- Strong leader that maximizes the team’s skill set and performance by establishing and managing to strategic goals and objectives.
- Proficient at leading presentations for a broad audience of peers, business partners, and executive leaders.
- Experience with engineering standards, design, and maintenance best practices for enterprise networks including LAN/WAN.
- Experience troubleshooting network related problems in an enterprise environment with expertise in Routing, Switching, WAN Optimization, ACI/SDN and Provisioning
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP and other protocols such as BGP, and DNS as well as layer 2 technologies, such as OTV and layer 3 routing technologies, such as HSRP, GLBP, BGP, EIGRP, RIPv2 and OSPF
- Must be located in Washington DC area and able to commute to Reston